Repeat prescriptions for regular medications may be requested by telephoning our prescription line or via the Patient Portal. Please remember this is for regular prescriptions only and not all prescriptions will be able to be requested this way. If you have any doubt, please talk to the practice nurse.
- Repeat prescription $15
- Faxed prescription $20
- Urgent / same-day collection $25
The renewal of a regular prescription involves the doctor reviewing your medical records to consider if a renewal without a consultation is appropriate. It is not a substitute for a face to face consultation. You and your doctor will have agreed on the minimum interval between consultations for review of your regular medication. Typical intervals are three to six monthly. Age, complexity and number of health problems and medications all contribute to this decision.
- We will only phone you regarding your prescription if we need to ask you a question
- If a prescription is lost we will have to charge for a repeat prescription to be filled
DO NOT leave messages for urgent prescriptions on the Patient Portal. For an urgent prescription, please phone 03 435 0777 and ask to speak to a nurse.
If you are requesting a prescription by telephone please call our prescription line on 03 435 0777, and press option 1. Remember to speak slowly and clearly.
You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Your full name
- Contact phone number
- Repeat medication your require
- Tell us if your prescription is to be collected from Twizel Medical Centre or faxed to the pharmacy, or the name and address of a pharmacy if other than Mackenzie Pharmacy